Creating a place with rich human relations where foreigners and volunteers meet through a Japanese language exchange while learning necessary Japanese language.
VenueToyonaka International Center
Date and TimePlease see below
In addition, there is some voluntary Japanese language activities of the following citizens‘ groups in Toyonaka International Exchange Center. Please refer to each person in charge by telephone for details.
A place for foreign women that currently raising their children and children where you are able to exchange information and talk in Japanese language about life in Japan and rising children while making friends. There are also events such as reading picture books、cooking classes and making handmade toys. All volunteers are women who are currently raising their children too. We also welcome people who are not skillful in Japanese, currently pregnant people, mothers and individual participants.
Please feel free to come and join us.
Time : Tuesday 10:00 ～ 12:00
(There are also no activities when the library is closed, during public holidays, year-end and start-of-the-year, and during school breaks.)
Fee : free
Venue : Activities are held at the following 3 library spaces within the city.
The Toyonaka Association for Intercultural Activities and Communication offers the necessary information and provides consultation services so that foreign citizens in the area could live peacefully
[Time] : aFriday 11:00 ～ 16:00（closed during Holidays and year-end and start-of-the-year）
[Available Languages] : Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Thai, English, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish, Nepalese, Vietnamese
[Fee] : free
Things that could be consulted about
- Husband and wife relationship (divorce、domestic violence, discord, International marriages etc.), Procedures (residence eligibility, family invitation etc.)
- Living (housing、money matter, insurance・pension・tax and other administrative procedures, Japanese language learning, and other things that concern daily living)
- Human relationship (friends, region, work place, and households).
- Health (Mental health, pregnancy and childbirth etc.)
- Children (child rearing, nursery, kindergarten, schools etc.)
- Labor (Job hunting, unemployment etc.)
- Human rights violations
…we could think together about any kinds of problems etc. We also introduce specialists when needed afterwards.
For people who wish to consult by telephone
- TEL :
- Time :
- Friday 11:00 ～ 16:00
Initially, a Japanese staff will answer the phone, please tell the staff "(your language or country name) go no staff wo onegaishimasu".
For people who wish to consult in person
Please come directly to Toyonaka International Center’s office on the time slot listed above. If you tell the staff in the office 「Soudan ni kimashita」 the person-in-charge will correspond to you.
Although you could be assisted even without making a reservation, you might have to wait if you come directly. For those people who want to come on an exact time, please make a reservation by phone (06-6843-4343). The possible reservation time will be from 9:00 ～ 17:00 every day except on Wednesdays.
The Japanese staff will answer your call so please say "Soudan no mendan no yoyaku wo shitai desu" and mention your desired time.
About the correspondence method
According to consultation content and your request, a Japanese specialist and a foreign staff speaking your native language can help you.
About the strict confidentiality
The consultation will be confidential and your privacy will be protected.
We provide child-friendly space & program for children with multicultural background as "Support program for Children" in ATOMS
- Free multilingual magazines, newspapers, brochures and information are placed at the center.
- For those people who are searching for information on international understanding and multicultural symbiosis etc. there is a free internet service (until 20 minutes per use), please feel free to drop by.
Feel free to ask the staff if you need help.
Association for Toyonaka Multicultural Symbiosis（ATOMS）